Collaboration with industry is a key part of our function and mechanisms are in place to enable use to work with industry at a wide range of levels. Examples of possible modes of collaboration include
- Sponsored studentship
- PhD students can be engaged in industry focused research projects either fully funded or part funded (EPSRC CASE awards) by industry. For further details please contact Paul McKenna, Grants and Contracts Manager.
- MSc Industrial Projects
- Our strong links with industry and the prospect of industry linked projects, allows our MSc programmes to attract the highest calibre of students. Students would typically either work on industrially focused projects or be placed at the sponsor location for 3-6 months (programme dependant) over the summer. We now offer 2 year MSc degree courses with the second year based in industry. For further details please contact Prof Izzat Darwazeh, Director of Taught Graduate Programmes.
- Sponsored Research
- Sponsoring research allows the industrial sponsor to gain access to the world leading expertise and facilities available at UCL for projects that range from short term investigations to longer term fundamental research. The competencies of the Department have been built up over many years and are backed by millions of pounds of funding, both from industry and competitive research grants. A specialist team at UCL is available to enable swift agreement of IPR terms. For further details please contact Paul McKenna, Grants and Contracts Manager.
- Staff within the Department engage in a wide range of fields and provide an excellent resource for consultancy services whether the requirements for technology strategy or technology assessment or for advanced development of technologies.
- Bespoke training
- The wide range of expertise at UCL is available to work directly with industry to provide bespoke training, whether it is for up-skilling, refresher courses, or for foresight of new technologies. We can offer tailored versions of our masters level modules in Communications and Nanotechnology or specifically develop programmes that fall within our area of expertise. For further details, please contact our Business Development Manager
|The department is involved with a lot of industrial collaborators, including:|
Please contact our business development manager: