Multimedia Systems and Applications
Academics involved in the theme:
- BAFTA VIDAS: Video De-duplication and Similarity Assessment, 2014-2015, funded by the Technology Strategy Board
- VideoClarity: High-speed meaning extraction in large video datasets, 2014-2016, funded by the Technology Strategy Board
- REVQUAL - Resolving Visual Quality for Media, 2014-2016, funded by the Technology Strategy Board
- VQ-INDEX: BAFTA Visual Quality Index for Video (#710292), 2013-2014, funded by the Technology Strategy Board
- Efficient Energy Management in Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks: An Approach Based on Distributed Compressive Sensing, 2013-2016, funded by the EPSRC
- FP7 Cooperating Objects Network of Excellence, 2008-2013, funded by the European Commission, FP7 workprogramme
- Operational Refinement of Computation for Multimedia Systems, 2008-2011, funded by the EPSRC
- M. Anam, P. N. Whatmough and Y. Andreopoulos, "Precision-energy-throughput scaling of generic matrix multiplication and convolution kernels via linear projections," IEEE Trans. on Circ. and Syst. for Video Technol., to appear.
- H. Besbes, G. Smart, D. Buranapanichkit, C. Kloukinas and Y. Andreopoulos, “Analytic conditions for energy neutrality in uniformly-formed wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 4916-4931, Oct. 2013.
- Y. Andreopoulos, "Error-tolerant multimedia stream processing: There's plenty of room at the top (of the system stack)," IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 291-303, Feb. 2013.
- D. Anastasia and Y. Andreopoulos, "Throughput-distortion computation of generic matrix multiplication: toward a computation channel for digital signal processing systems," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 2024-2037, Apr. 2012.