Gabriel Saavedra Mondaca
Gabriel Saavedra Mondaca was born in Satiago, Chile, in 1988. He received his undergraduate degree in Telecommunications Engineering from Universidad de Concepcion, Chile, in 2012. In 2011 he had a research stay at CETUC (Centre of Telecommunications Studies) PUC Rio, Brazil. He received an MSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Universidad de Concepcion in 2014, his research area being Quantum Cryptography/Quantum Communications. From 2013-2014 Gabriel was a Student Researcher at CEFOP (Center for Optics and Photonics) Universidad de Concepcion. Gabriel joined the UCL Optical Networks Group in September 2014, as a PhD student under the supervision of Professor Polina Bayvel.
- Amplification in optical fibres
- Hollow core fibres, Multi core fibres
- Quantum Communications
Broadband amplification for ultra-high capacity optical communication systems
Becas Chile - Doctorado en el extranjero 2014
- G. Saavedra, M. Tan , D. J. Elson, L. Galdino , D. Semrau , Md. A. Iqbal , I.D. Phillips, P. Harper, N. Mac Suibhne, A. D. Ellis, D. Lavery , B. C. Thomsen, R. I. Killey, and P. Bayvel “Experimental Investigation of Nonlinear Signal Distortions in Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems” Accepted to Optical Fibre Communication(OFC), 2017
- L. Galdino, G. Liga, G. Saavedra, D. Ives, R. Maher, A. Alvarado, S. Savory, R. Killey, P. Bayvel, “Experimental Demonstration of Modulation-Dependent Nonlinear Interference in Optical Fibre Communication”, in Proceedings of European Conference on Optical Communications (ECOC), 2016.
- N. A. Shevchenko, T. Xu, D. Semrau, G. Saavedra, G. Liga, M. Paskov, L. Galdino, A. Alvarado, R. I. Killey, P. Bayvel, “Achievable Information Rates Estimation for 100-nm Raman-Amplified Optical Transmission System”, in Proceedings of European Conference on Optical Communications (ECOC), 2016.
- A. D. Ellis, M. Tan, M. A. Iqbal, M. A. Z. Al-Khateeb, V. Gordienko, G. Saavedra Mondaca, S. Fabbri, M. F. C. Stephens, M. E. McCarthy, A. Perentos, I. D. Phillips, D. Lavery, G. Liga, R. Maher, P. Harper, N. Doran, S. K. Turitsyn, S. Sygletos, and P. Bayvel, “4 Tbs Transmission Reach Enhancement Using 10 x 400 Gb/s Super- Channels and Polarization Insensitive Dual Band Optical Phase Conjugation”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 34(8), 1717-1723 (2016)
- A. D. Ellis, I. D. Phillips, M. Tan, M. F. C. Stephens, M. E. McCarthy, M. A. Z. Al Kahteeb, M. A. Iqbal, A. Perentos, S. Fabbri, V. Gordienko, D. Lavery, G. Liga, G. Saavedra. M., R. Maher, S. Sygletos, P. Harper, N. J. Doran, P. Bayvel, S. K. Turitsyn, “Enhanced superchannel transmission using phase conjugation”, We.2.6.4 in Proceedings of European Conference on Optical Communications (ECOC), 2015.
- A. Cuevas, G. Carvacho, G. Saavedra, J. Cariñe, W.A.T. Nogueira M. Figueroa A. Cabello, P. Mataloni, G. Lima & G.B. Xavier, “Long-distance distribution of genuine energy-time entanglement”, Nat. Comm. 4, 2871 (2013)