Jose Manuel Delgado Mendinueta
José Manuel Delgado Mendinueta was born in 1980 in Zamora, Spain. He received a M.Sc. in Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Valladolid in Spain. During his studies he worked in the Group of Intelligent and Cooperative Systems headed by Dr. Yannis Dimitriadis at the Department of Signal Theory, Communications and Telematic Engineering.
From October 2005 to June 2006 he carried out the M.Sc. Thesis at Technical University of Eindhoven in The Netherlands, developing an optical simulator for performance evaluation of all-optical switched networks. He also received a Professor Degree in Music Studies (piano) at Valladolid Conservatory in 2002.
He joined UCL Optical Networks Group in November 2007 to carry out a PhD degree, focusing on the characterization, design and study of optical components for high speed optical-burst networks.
In 2011 he was an honourable in the Corning best student paper award at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC) in Los Angeles
- Optical components for high speed optical burst switched networks.
- Performance study and improvement of high speed optical networks.
Digital signal processing optical receivers for the mitigation of physical layer impairments in dynamic optical networks
Benn C. Thomsen
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, John E. Mitchell, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “A digital multi line-rate packet-mode receiver for 10G-EPON and 1G-EPON coexistence”, in submission to Optics Express, 2011.
- Bowen Cao, J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, John E. Mitchell and B.C. Thomsen, “Performance of an optical equaliser in a 10 Gbit/s wavelength converting optical access networks”, submitted to ECOC 2011.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, John E. Mitchell, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Digital multi-rate receiver for 10 GE-PON and GE-PON”, OFC2011.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Digital lightwave receivers: an experimentally validated system model”, PTL 2011.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Impact of network load and traffic sparsity on the performance of a digital burst-mode receiver”, ECOC 2010.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Dynamic optical networks demonstrators: Reviewed and classified”, LCS 2009.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Impact of burst header length in the performance of a 10 Gb/s digital burst mode receiver”, OFC 2009.
- J.M. Delgado Mendinueta, P. Bayvel, and B.C. Thomsen, “Cluster processing for the study of optical burst-mode digital signal processing receivers and subsystems for dynamic optical burst switching”, BROADNETS 2008.
He is funded by the EPRSC under grant number EP/D074088/1.