EPSRC Future Leader Awards
Congratulations to Dr Laura Toni and Dr Hideakazu Kurebayashi who have recently been awarded UCL Future Leader Awards of up to £30k each, funded from the EPSRC Institutional Sponsorship Award. These awards recognise outstanding early career researchers working in the EPSRC remit for funding (see below) to lead a pump-priming or feasibility study:
- Dr Hidekazu Kurebayashi (London Centre for Nanotechnology) for a project titled Towards quantum photon-magnon couplings in a microwave cavity.
- Dr Laura Toni (Electronic and Electrical Engineering) for a project on Graph-based learning for IoT networks.
Dr Kurebayashi said:
“I am very grateful and excited to be an awardee of this Future Leader award”.
About the EPSRC Leaders Award
EPSRC has recently awarded UCL funding to support research activities which promote the four areas within EPSRC’s Prosperity Outcomes Framework and the ambitions within each of the Outcomes. The four Prosperity Outcomes are:
- Productivity – creative, innovative, competitive economy
- Connectedness – surviving and thriving in a digital world
- Resilience – adaptive, prepared, protected, secure, safe, sustainable
- Health – improved quality of life through better mental and physical health