The Future Internet
"The Future Internet - Validated Results and New Horizons" - book co-edited by Prof. Alex Galis was published in May 2013 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. LNCS 7858, 369 pp, ISBN 978-3-642-38081-5; Springer on line free access.
This book is based on the research carried out within the Future Internet Assembly (FIA). It contains a sample of representative results from the recent research activities spanning a broad range of topics, all being of central importance for the future Internet including:
- Virtualized, Software-defined and Software-driven Networks
- Autonomic Management and Operations
- The Future Internet Cloud: Computing, Networking and Mobility
- The Future Internet of Things
- Enabling Technologies for Infrastructures and Experimentation
- Trust and Security, Economic Incentives, Open Solutions
- Smart Applications and Services in the Future Internet
Previous Future Internet books are also open access books with so far more that 17,000 downloads as follows:
- “The Future Internet - From Promises to Reality” book co-edited by Prof. Alex Galis was published in May 2012 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 7281, 252 pp, ISBN 978-3-642-30240-4; Springer on line free access.
- “The Future Internet - Achievements and Technological Promises” book co-edited by Prof. Alex Galis was published in May 2011 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 6656, 465 pp, ISBN 978-3-642-20897-3; Springer on line free access.
Following Alex's recent keynote presentation "Towards Software Driven/Enabled Networks - Trends and Research Directions in Future Networked and Service Systems" at the NextComm 2013 conference, Alex received the prestigious award of IARIA Fellow from the the International Academy, Research and Industry Association (IARIA).