Broadband Teaching Lab
Experimental and practical skills are an important part of the skill set of any Engineer. The broadband teaching lab offers access to state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment as would be found in research and development labs around the world.
The equipment is used as part of the Technologies for Broadband Communications Laboratory courses as well as being available for undergraduate and postgraduate projects. The lab offers all commonly used test and measurement equipment for RF Circuit and Optical Component and system testing to allow students to become familiar with industry standard measurement procedures as well as to make measurements are part of their projects.
Much of the equipment, valued at around $1M, was kindly donated as part of the Agilent Philanthropy Programme.
- Agilent Optical Spectrum Analyser
- Agilent 6GHz Lightwave Component Analyser
- Agilent 3.6Gbit/s Bit Error Rate Test Set
- Agilent Infinium 8Gs/s Oscilloscope
- Agilent 3GHz Electrical Spectrum Analyser
- Agilent ESG-D 3GHz Vector Signal Generator
- Agilent 3GHz Vector Signal Analyser
- Agilent 3GHz Vector Network Analyser
- Agilent 2.5Gbit/s optical Transmitter and Receiver
- Variety of Optical Sources, Modulators and RF components (amplifiers, filters etc.)
- Erbium Doped Optical Amplifier