New Project Announced with BT
This research project aims to investigate some technical challenges in providing end-to-end QoS performance guarantees for broadband multimedia services and applications over WiMAX mesh networks. Specifically, our principal research objectives are:
- To develop and analyse scalable system-wide resource management,
admission control, routing, and peer-to-peer communication algorithms with end-to-end QoS
- To develop and analyse dynamic power control, channel assignment, packet scheduling and mobility management algorithms for improving system capacity.
- To develop a flexible and comprehensive simulation platform for algorithms evaluation and software toolkits for network planning, dimensioning, performance monitoring and prediction.
- Project title: Wireless Broadband Multimedia Services over WiMAX Mesh Networks
- Principal Investigator: Dr Yang Yang
- Duration: 4 Years (2008 - 2012)
- Amount awarded: £96,000
- Sponsor: British Telecommunications PLC