Here I include information about my PhD students and their topics, including opportunities for future students. I also include information on MSc and final year undergraduate projects.
Current PhD students
I currently supervise the following PhD students, in reverse chronological order of their starting date with me.
- Argyris Tasiopoulos started his PhD at UCL in April 2013, having done a BSc and MSc in Informatics in the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece. He is looking at aspects related to mobility in content-oriented networks.
- Binxu Yang started his PhD at UCL in October 2014, having done the MRes in Telecommunications at UCL. He is looking at resource allocation issues for highly dynamic in-network applications.
- Gioacchino Tangari started his PhD at UCL in April 2015, having done an MSc in Telecommunication Engineering at the Polintecnico di Torino, Italy. He is looking at resource allocation issues for highly dynamic in-network applications.
I am always looking for good PhD students and in particular now that I have joineded UCL as I am looking for new PhD students.
You may send your CV initially to me in order to advise you for the possibility
of funding before applying formally.
A more plausible path to obtain a scholarship for a PhD is by doing first a MSc and doing very well / getting a distinction; this increases significantly the chances of a scholarship.
Past PhD students
Some of the previous PhD theses are directly available below. For those that they are not, you can contact the author and/or myself in order to obtain a copy.
- Lorenzo Saino - On the Design of Efficient Caching Systems - December 2015
- Daphne Tuncer - Engineering Self-Managed Adaptive Networks - December 2013 - now with University College London
- Joao Araujo - Traffic Re-engineering: Extending Resource Pooling Through the Application of Re-feedback - November 2013 - now with Fastly
- Chaojiong Wang - Cooperative Traffic Engineering Between P2P Overlays and the Underlying Networks - November 2011 (1st supervisor for the first 1.5 year while at Surrey, then remote supervisor with Surrey supervisors Dr Michael Howarth and Dr Ning Wang)
- Yu Guo - Multi-plane Routing for Fast Failure Recovery - June 2011 (1st supervisor for the first 0.5 year while at Surrey, then remote supervisor with Surrey supervisors Dr Michael Howarth and Dr Ning Wang)
- Oscar Gonzalez-Duque - Behaviour Enforcement in Ubiquitous Computing Environments - November 2009 (1st supervisor for the first 2 years while at Surrey, then 2nd supervisor with 1st supervisor Dr Michael Howarth)
- Marinos Charalambides - Policy Analysis for Differentiated Services Quality of Service Management - July 2009 - now with University College London
- Aimilios Chourmouziadis - A Web Services based Framework for Efficient Monitoring and Event Reporting - September 2008.
- Antonis Hadjiantonis - Policy-based Self Management of Wireless Ad hoc Networks - July 2008 - now with the University of Cyprus
- Mina Amin - Resource Optimisation for Robust IP Network Provisioning - May 2008 - now with the Satmap Systems
- Wei Koong Chai - Relative Service Differentiation over Bandwidth on Demand Satellite Networks - February 2008 - now with University College London
- Alvin Yew - Policy-based Management of Context-Aware Services in 3rd Generation Mobile Networks - October 2007 - now back in Singapore
- Apostolos Malatras - Context Awareness for the Self-Management of Mobile Ad hoc Networks - June 2007 - now with Thales Research & Technology, UK
- Roy Ho - Inter-domain Resource Management for IP Network Provisioning - December 2006 - now with the City University of Hong Kong
- Stelios Georgoulas - Admission Control and Bandwidth Management in IP Differentiated Services Networks - December 2006 - now with University College London
- Siva Sivavakeesar - Quality of Service Support for Multimedia Applications in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks - December 2005 - now with Sharp, UK
- Paris Flegkas - Policy-based Quality of Service Management in IP Networks - June 2005 - now with the University of Thessaly, Greece
- Ning Wang - Scalable Multicast Provisioning in IP Differentiated Services Networks - December 2004 - a Lecturer at the University of Surrey
- Panos Trimintzios - Traffic Engineering for Quality of Service Provisioning in IP Networks - April 2004 - now with ENISA, Greece, and also an associate researcher at FORTH-ICS, University of Crete, Greece
- Chris Bohoris - Network Performance Management Using Mobile Software Agents - July 2003 - now with Intrasoft, Greece
- Edward Willink - Meta-Compilation for C++ - June 2001 - has always been with Thales Research & Technology, UK
- Lloyd Wood - Internetworking with Satellite Constellations - February 2001 - now with Cisco, UK
- Dionisis Adamopoulos - A Structured Approach to the Development of Telematic Services Using Distributed Object-Oriented Platforms - November 2000 - now with the University of Piraeus, Greece
- Ilias Andrikopoulos - Traffic Control Mechanisms for Supporting IP Differentiated Services - September 2000 - now with Space Hellas, Greece
- Carmelo Ragusa - Network Partitioning Using Code Mobility - March 2005 (2nd supervisor, 1st supervisor Dr Antonio Liotta) - now with the University of Messina, Italy
- Antonio Liotta - Flexible and Scalable Network Monitoring Using Mobile Software Agents - Dept. of Computer Science, University College London - August 2001 (2nd supervisor, 1st supervisor Graham Knight) - now Professor at the Technical University of Eindhoven
Undergraduate and Master student projects
Every year I typically supervise 1-2 final year student projects and 4-5 MSc student projects.
George Pavlou (g dot pavlou at ucl dot ac dot uk)
this page last updated 19 November 2015